- Civil Service Examination
- Employee Self Service / Manager Self Service
- Leaves of Absence
- Performance Management
- Safety & Wellness
- Savings & Retirement
- Workers' Compensation
Child Care Leave
The NYC Health + Hospitals grants non-discretionary, unpaid, non-job-protected leaves of absence for eligible male or female employees for a period of up to forty-eight (48) calendar months who become the parent of a child by birth or adoption up to four (4) years of age. The maximum length of child care leave is forty-eight (48) months is limited to one instance only. The subsequent child care leaves granted to an eligible employee shall be limited to a maximum of thirty-six (36) months each.
Eligibility For Child Care Leave of Absence
- All Group 11 employees; and
- Group 12 employees covered by the Citywide Contract.
- Eligibility includes employees above whose registered domestic partner becomes the parent of a child up to four (4) years of age by birth or adoption.
- Employees who are not eligible include prevailing rate employees and House Staff who receive child care leave as provided in applicable collective bargaining agreements and the Family Medical Leave Act.
- To be eligible, the leave must be to care for a child who is under four (4) years old.
Employees should use the links below to obtain the forms to request Child Care Leave of Absence (CCLOA).